In order to apply for an award, applicants must meet a few requirements. Any funds awarded by the Foundation will be directed to the instructor, vendor, camp, or arts service provider requested by the applicant, and no financial award is given directly to the applicant.
- Be between the ages of 10-17 at the time of application
- Be exploring the arts in an area in which you have not had much experience
- Reside in Montana, Idaho, or Wyoming
- Have an adult mentor (21+) who is committed to helping the applicant for at least six months. They don’t need to be a musician, teacher, or other professional — just someone who is passionate about helping the applicant succeed in the arts!
- Have an adult family member or family friend (not your mentor) to help submit the application
- Submit a short (under 5 minutes) video with their application. This doesn’t have to be a professional video — something taken from your phone or computer camera is fine! Please include the following, as well as anything else you want to share with us:
- Introduce yourself!
- Tell us about your mentor and why you chose them. Make sure they have agreed to mentor you prior to applying and make sure they know we might call them to confirm this.
- Tell us what your artistic goal is and what you need to get started (an instrument, dance shoes, art supplies, camp tuition, video editing software, lessons, etc. — what do you need that you do not have already?) Be sure to let us know who will be providing the equipment, or service.
- Describe why you would like to experience something new and let us get a picture of the kind of person you are. Let us know how you have tried to do this on your own, if anything, so far. And you might tell us if there is someone you admire who already does this.
Awards are determined twice each year. Applications must be received by February 1st for Summer events or June 1st for Fall or for any events occurring during the following academic year.
Our Application page and FAQ page are currently being evaluated and is temporarily unavailable. Please check back soon for updates! *No video or other personal information is ever shared or re-used outside of the Foundation*
For any other questions about our awards or application process, please feel free to contact us!